CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 25, 2011

I will miss him...

One of my best friends, Austin Blake, is leaving for a two year LDS mission to Hong Kong, China. As thrilled I am about the opportunity for him, I am going to miss him so much.


One of the funniest things that happened at one of our lunches...since we usually sat there for 2 hours, we would get creative. I once destroyed a styrofoam water cup and put the piece over my eye and said I just made Lady Gaga's latest costume.  And Austin put the teeth in and said "I'm the FAME MONSTA!" HAHAHAHA


I have never had a close friend or family member go on an LDS mission before, so this is the first time I am really experiencing what it is like firsthand. It is a lot harder than I thought. Me and Austin had our last lunch together (it was our Friday tradition for months! we would go to lunch every single week.) We spent our time googling "Glee" quotes and giggling at the Pasta Factory.



Some of our favorites:
Santana: You blew me off to be with Stubbles McCripplePants

Sue: [Picking out the minority glee kids] Santana! Wheels! Gay Kid! Come on move it! Asian! Other Asian! Aretha! Shaft!
Lauren: These candies you got me sucked.
Puck: But you ate all of them.
Lauren: I had to make sure they all sucked.

We have so many funny inside jokes too. I loved it when Cathy thought we were going to Honolulu together (hahaha!) and the time I got trapped in the Durango's parking lot. And anything to do with me and all my gays/lady gaga nickname! hahaha. But besides laughing loud enough to disturb all the innocent patrons of whatever restaraunt was our choice, Austin was there for me. He would listen, no matter how silly my problems were. And on our last lunch he said some really nice things to me that I will never forget. One thing that always makes me laugh is whenever he introduces me to someone, he says "This is Manda. She's fabulous!" He even did it in front of everyone at his farewell party hahaha. But today he told me that I am a great person no matter what anyone else says, and that he will miss my big laugh and funny stories. And that I will always have his friendship even though he is far away. I will miss you Austin! Best of Luck!!!

Love Always,
Manda

1 comments:

Heidi Nielsen said...

Oh Amanda, I know exactly how you feel. One of my best friends left about a year and a half ago, he comes back this September. The great thing about it is that the two of you will get closer! Trust me. Even when you think it's not possible, it is. You'll get to remember what its like to write out letters. You can e-mail him and if he gets the chance to on his P-Days, he can e-mail you back. You can send pictures. Or a dearelder letter. Which will print itself off in his zone and they will send it to him about a week or so after writing it. C: And, if you'd like to, I can tell you one of the things we did that has helped keep me sane! Let me know! Love you. <3