CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New Blog, New Girl

Hey everyone! So I am finally jumping back on the blogging bandwagon after a loooong break :) I used to write a blog as an Ambassador (see below!)



For the college back in the 2008-2009 school year and haven't since then. I decided it seems like a fun way to keep everyone posted with what is going on with my life currently, so here I go again. As I mentioned, I'm an Ambassador, and I also write for The Dixie Sun (our staff pictured below!)


Lately things have been crazy yet very fun, which is usually the situation when it comes to me haha. But I wanted to tell you all my "recentlys" since its been such a whirlwind.


So FEBRUARY was quite a busy month for me. I traveled to Vegas (2/12-2/13)...


Me at MY hotel ;) haha





Two of my best friends Kohlby and Tyler, who are adorable and very hilarious, treated me to a weekend at The Mandalay Bay (I wonder why they chose that hotel?!) We had so much fun shopping and eating at The Cheesecake Factory on Friday...then Saturday we we woke up early and went to Champagne brunch (yes, I did feel rich, important, and most importantly, slightly drunk after having 3 mimosa's at breakfast) and then I gambled for a bit (I won $40!) And then we went to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum...

















and this was where I finally got to meet my soul mate:







GAGA. Her fashion, her music...of course, I died a little. But not too much. Don't worry. I'm still here, writing this very blog if you were too enthralled in the story to get that.


Later that day, we went to see The Lion King, which promptly made me bawl like a big baby who goes to theater productions. Kohlby made sure to um, keep it quiet when he turned to tyler and announced (i mean whispered! i swear) AMANDA'S CRYING...oh yes. haha but the costumes, the songs, and especially the choreography were amazing!


The next weekend (2/18 & 2/19) it was off to SLC to hit up the Ke$ha concert with Chris, Casey and Dillinger <3 Chris, who has been my best friend for 7 years, bought me a ticket to the concert for my birthday. (I turned 22 on 2/22!) I love him so much.

We all made our own outfits (notice my rips and glitter...perfect omage to Ke$ha) It was SO much fun. Me and Casey squezed our way to the front of the arena so we could see Ke$ha in all of her shining glory..
Yeah, it was pretty sick. It took a lot of getting trampled (I even fell...luckily Casey came to the rescue and pushed some stupid moshers out of the way) but it was worth it to see her so up close. We lost Chris along the way (and his wallet got stolen :S) it was so sad. But even though we had some obstacles, we had a wonderful time. Ke$ha is amazing live and by far, her best songs of the night were "Cannibal" and "Blow."


After, we went to Pure (SLC's finest gay club haha) and danced the night away. Dillinger told me he never knew I could dance so good! I had so much fun shaking it all night. Some random guy and I had the time of our life dancing...it was hilarious. They even had a drag queen contest that was HILARIOUS to watch. The queen bee of SLC, Nova Starr, hosted (I finally got to see her!) She's a hot bitch. I wish I had a picture, but of course my camera died. Ugh. Everytime too instead of something normal like "low battery" it says "battery exhausted." Even my camera is a diva! After we got home from the club we stayed up all night at our hotel talking and laughing. It was the perfect trip! We got up and headed home the next morning and stopped for Hawaiian food on the way home :) so much fun!


During the week its always school, work, and a little bit of fun in between. My birthday fell on a Tuesday this year (2/22) so I didn't get to do much on the actual day. But as you can see, I've been celebrating all month :) My mom made me cupcakes and I had dinner with my family. I also had dinner with friends at my favorite restaraunt, Benja. Brady, Trevor, Alysha, Morgan and Chris were a delight to dine with! Morgan even surprised me with 2 dozen purple cupcakes that i'm still snacking on! And after we went to go see Never Say Never: The Justin Bieber movie (which also made me cry...what is wrong with me lately?!) But the weekends are whats best for me. Here is what happened this weekend to get you all caught up on the month:

Friday 2/25
All of the Dixie Sun staffers got together and went on a Laser Tag outing. I had so much fun running around like a little kid and also slightly badass with my laser gun and my nickname (Javelin...which has absolutely nothing to do with laser tag hahaha who comes up with these?!) Matty and Rustum are always so much fun to hang out with. They gave me the CUTEST birthday presents beforehand, which were a ring and a necklace. They are so chic, I will have to post pics. We also played arcade games (Deal or No Deal CHAMP...i got some hot bling with my tickets!) And after we got done playing we decided to go out for Krave, which is a frozen yogurt place that is so delicious. I love hanging out with the staff, I was so glad we got together.








Saturday 2/26
I forfeited all my luxurious sleep-in time to go to the parade of homes with Matty and Rustum, and I was so glad I did even though i was EXHAUSTED at work that night! This is one of my favorite activities to do in St. George every year, I love seeing the different interior designs and it makes me look forward to have a home of my own to decorate. I have to admit I was a little disappointed by the lack of VARIETY this year tho...ugh. Every house had the same freakin color pallette (boring earth tones interspersed with puke green and brick red) If i was in charge of this, I would make them much more interesting. I know my taste might not suit anyone else but Lady Gaga and her fan fare, but at least they would be memorable and fun to look at.
Matty always makes me want to pee my pants! He has the funniest jokes. Me and Matty met this year on the staff of The Dixie Sun. This is my new favorite activity, and it was worth it to join if just for meeting him. They treated me to the most delicious brazillian food at the restaraunt Made in Brazil after, and their roommate Corey joined us. He is actually the one who paid for my birthday :) I am realizing my friends always treat me so well. I am SO lucky to have so many people in my life who care about me and always show me how much they do.


Sunday 2/27
And, the best for last...OSCARS NIGHT! I got glammed up in all my gold for the awards show bash, which, again was at Matty's house. We all got to vote who we thought would win each of the categories. Of course, my pick Natalie Portman (Black Swan was by far one of the best movies of the year) won for Best Actress! It was fun munching of sushi, chicken, cupcakes, and McKoye's famed cake bites (OHHH! RED VELVET! I LOVE THEM) and doing what I do best: talk celeb.

My life is extremely lucky and wonderful, and I need to remember that. Thats why I started writing this blog, so I can focus on the positive and happy parts of life. Even just today, my mom surprised me and bought me fortune cookies (14 of them, so I can open one each morning before school and have a fortune for 2 weeks) and some easter egg candies that had a cute note attached:


KARMA GRAM:
A wish for you to have GOOD KARMA! You are a good "egg" and you bring goodness to the world, therefre you deserve lots of goodness. Expect great things because you are really great. You are entitled to GOOD KARMA! Keep being good :)




Love Always, Manda

1 comments:

Corey Wilkey said...

little girl, you need to start calling me when you go out to do stuff! haha i will be there in a second! and i wanna come next time you go to vegas! call me! and thanks for the call last night! love you so much!