CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 6, 2011

You gotta feel sorry for them...

I really do feel sorry for all those misinformed people out there. If you listen to everything you hear without any proof, it will get you nowhere. Actually, I take that back--it will take you somewhere. It will show you taking huge steps backward in life.


Life is short. At the end of the day, you want to be that good person, the one who works hard for what they have and treats people right in order to earn it. And when people don't believe that about you its hurtful. But just because they say it also doesn't make it true.


Whether you think you know the truth or not about someone, you assume. And assuming is the worst thing you can do, it makes you look stupid when it turns out you are wrong. I always ask someone for their side of the story because people deserve the chance to defend their name. You wouldn't believe some of the things I've been accused of, and 50% of the time it's completely fake, 45% it's exaggerated and twisted to make someone look bad, and 5% of the time it's true.

Honestly I can't sit there and try to preach to a person whether or not I'm GOOD ENOUGH to be their friend, or that they have to believe my side. Because if I'm not good enough in your eyes, I'm already better than you for judging me before knowing the whole story. And if you can't see the good things I do, if you are ready to assume the worst about people, what does that say about you? 

If that friendship was important in the end it would have worked out anyway.


When you treat people badly, Karma isn't pretty either...I want to be the girl who has good things coming, not the one who treated others badly to enhance my self esteem, which is what it boils down to.


The people who act like this do it all the time. You can notice a pattern in their lives. They have a lot of friends for short periods of time. They go between clique to clique. Everyone likes them at first but later you notice they "move on" to the next. People who don't really know them seem to like them, and on the surface they might even seem popular. But sooner or later they get found out.


Listen to your gut and the people around you, too. Because no matter how nice someone is to you, looking at how they treat other people is key in how they will treat you eventually. If they have no regard for human courtesy or decency for others there will be a day they will do that to you too.

At the end of the day, here I stand, tall and proud of my character. I've made mistakes in the past but learned from all of them. And I am proud of being a true friend. I've had my share of ups and downs with people, but I'm always honest about it, and I can't say the same for all the people I've known over the years.


I don't even have to name names in this post, because that would just make it far too easy. I'm not that kind of person, despite what they may say. Just know your reputation proceeded you, and it's going to follow you as well.


Thanks for making my life easier---removing one more bad energy spoiling my happiness.