CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Dixie Awards

One of the most exciting nights of my life just got over...i'm still living in the moment, and there is the biggest smile on my face as I write this post. I still can't believe it actually happened! And I can't wait to tell you all about it.

The Dixie Awards is an annual tradition at Dixie State College, and I never knew how much of a big deal it was until I was nominated. I was so excited! I invited all of my family to come support me,  but to be honest I never expected to win in a million years. I thought it would be fun to dress up and root for the other candidates, so I was in (We all know...I live for that stuff hahaha!)
Me and Greg after we won! Greg won "Most School Spirit" :) We were so excited!
They had a really beautiful reception beforehand, with catered desserts and it was nice to have time to visit with the other nominees. I had a lot of friends who were nominated as well, so I wanted to be sure to wish everyone luck before our big moment!  Me, my friend Greg and my friend Jonny (all from Ambassadors) joked about how Ambassadors never win anything, so we were just really excited to be there...Greg always makes me laugh so hard! He definitely made me less nervous beforehand, and my family adored him!
When it finally was time for my category, I was so nervous. I really had not prepared for winning whatsoever, so if they did actually call my name what the hell was I gonna say?! Oh well...thats not gonna happen anyway! I thought. I remember rolling my eyes and joking to my mom about it as they were reading the nominees' names. I whispered the name of the boy who I thought was gonna win...but they actually said AMANDA JACOBS! And so many people clapped, I was stunned. I could hear Greg screaming from somewhere in the auditorium LOL I will never forget that. And some lady in front of me turned around and was like "Thats you!" and I was actually shaking! I said I thought Dixie is the best place to go to school and I love everyone I know from there. And, the good news is Jonny AND Greg won their awards as well! Ambassadors are cursed no more...we lifted it! Iwas so honored to win the "Heart of Dixie" Award, and that everyone I love was there to support me.
Love Always,
Manda


Me and The Dixie Sun Staff...I was so proud we were all nominated, and I wish that the newspaper won. Rhiannon was also nominated for Best Teacher and I was very disappointed that she didn't win. She is my favorite teacher because of how dedicated and wonderful she truly is to all of her students.


0 comments: