CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 17, 2011

The End of an Era

It is the end of an era, everyone. My time being an Ambassador for Dixie State College is drawing to a close...I am excited for everything the future holds, but I am also nostaligic (already!) about all the fun I have had the past four years. These pictures are from our last Ambassador Banquet...I cried! They gave me a Dixie State blanket and wished me well, thanking me for all of my service. It was a wonderful night laughing with friends :) We had a fiesta catered by Cafe Rio...there were even churros!

They always call us "The Crazies" (we do have some pretty wild
personalities, all unique in their own way!)
Me and J-Brack...I love him! Once I was having a really bad day
and he wrote me a list of ten reasons why he loves me. He is an
amazing friend :) We always sing "Afternoon Delight" hahaha
But back to Ambassadors as a whole. The main thing I gained out of my experience as an Ambassador was confidence. I have always been a confident girl, but Ambassadors really showed me that I could learn to succeed, all by myself. You have to be your own motivation in life, but this becomes especially prominent in college. No one is going to sit down and babysit you and make sure that your work gets done: but they still will sit by your side and cheer for you to succeed. It took me awhile to find it within myself, but I learned that I can do anything I set my mind to...I'm a pretty independent woman now! And I have this organization to thank for it.

Jonny is one of my favorite people, period.
One of a kind guy! So genuine, nice and funny.
He does the best impressions!
The other thing I think that helped me a lot was the communication aspect of Ambassadors. I learned how to be a better public speaker, writer, and even friend or mediator by being a true "part" of being involved on campus. For those of you who don't know what an Ambassador is (or does!) it is a group on campus dedicated to showing incoming freshman (or students in general) the true college experience.





 There are also a lot of really funny memories that I will never forget..like the time I crashed the golf cart and mashed it in between a wall and the car port (sorry Brandon...hahaha!) And all our parties (we called them "Sanity") but most of all, the Merry Mocktail party (pictured above) I planned our own glamourous cocktail hour! And our murder mystery party when I was "Baroness" Ravioli. My son got murdered! I can't find pics for that one. But I also loved our Homecoming festivities each year, like Rock the Mall and making our float! Look for me as a pirate below haha ;)



I met some of my best friends, Morgan and Jeff, because of being an Ambassador. And I helped a lot of students get scholarships and figure out what they want to do with their lives, all while getting free school and having a blast making friends and memories. I'll never forget it :) Ambassadors, this one is for you.
Love Always, Manda

0 comments: