CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 4, 2011

10 Things...

You wished you knew but never did.


#10. Not everyone is going to like you: No matter how hard you try, there are just some people in life that won't want to be your friend. Even if you are nice and go out of your way for people, sometimes its just not in the cards. It doesn't make you a bad person, especially if the person who doesn't like YOU is bad. Don't dwell. Just remember what you do have.


#9. And what that all boils down to: I think there are REALLY only two reasons people hate people. The first is because of Jealousy...someone has what the other wants, and it makes them feel insecure. It makes them feel better to kick them lower. And the second is because someone hurt them. Whenever you are in a position of being vulnerable, it is discomforting. If you someone hurts you, hate is the defense mechanism.


#8. It's hard at first: We are trained as society to care what other people think. When I was in middle school, I used to make myself sick worrying if someone liked me or if someone thought I was stupid for something I said. Turns out, more than 95% of the people I was worried about didn't even matter. And the 5% who did, love me no matter what.


#7. Life is too short: Be silly and don't give a shit. I quit caring about someone looking at me funny or thinking i'm weird about something I said or did a long time ago. I'm going to be the girl talking to everyone, laughing her ass off, not the one in the corner worrying. People will stare no matter what...might as well smile and wave.


#6. Don't give all of yourself away: There are certain special things about you that shouldn't be information for everyone to know. Only share those parts with someone you really care about. Be open, loving and carefree, but remember to have secrets, and funny inside jokes and memories with the people you love. No one needs to know your whole backstory.


#5. Friends make everything better: I have made so many friendships in my life, and they have made me the a very fortunate and loved person I am today. I would do anything for people and I finally realized that is what has hurt me in the past...Now I know, only do anything for those who matter most. You can still care and be an amazing friend without giving all of your heart away.


#4. Losing some along the way is okay too: Unfortunately, I have lost a few friends over time. Sometimes it was by my choice or sometimes it was theirs. This is not something I accept easily. Even if I don't like someone I want them to like me. But not having people in my life who treat others badly (especially ME) has made me a happier person. If only 4 or 5 people don't like you in your life, even if you thought they were important, consider yourself lucky. I had to let it go.


#3. I can finally admit I'm not perfect: Yep, on record, right now: I'm not perfect. I'm emotional sometimes. I'm dramatic and like to gossip. I bite my nails. I still suck my thumb. I haven't always treated people the best. But I learned from EVERY mistake, grew up, said I was sorry, some people accepted it, and others didn't. But thats okay. I learn something new everyday and I am fucking proud of who I am today. My only regret is being too inhibitied sometimes...not gonna do it anymore.


#2. Haters Be Damned:  Do what YOU want to do. No matter what anyone else says. ANYONE. Don't make anyone else your priority.


And last of all...#1. There only is ONE: There only is ONE life to live. You can waste it or treasure it. I treasure mine, so I'm gonna make sure to remember theres only one Manda, and my purpose in life is to make HER HAPPY. I have big dreams and I am not going to stop going after them for anything or anyone.  Love you all <3.
Manda

0 comments: