CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 10, 2011

the Ke$ha Way Of Life...

...Involves way too much of the following:

-Parties
-Dancing
-Laughing

-Drunken Behavior (sorry to admit it)
-GLITTER

I feel like there are songs that speak to you and that you will remember for the rest of your life. Sometimes when I hear those certrain songs, they transport to me to that time and place in my life, reminding me of who I was with and what we were doing. It is crazy how songs can do that. I'm sure a lot of people will say Ke$ha isn't talented or this or that, blah blah blah. But...I don't care. She is FUN. She knows who she is and what she's worth, and thats all her music is. FUN. I love it, it makes me happy and will always remind me of my crazy times during my 20s, at the club with my friends, dancing and drinking. Me and my best friends Casey, Dillinger and Chris were even lucky enough to see her in concert this February. I will never forget  singing at the top of our lungs, or Me and Casey pushing our way up to the front row (we were literally 5 feet away from her!) These experiences are things you will never forget. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

"We Are Who We Are"
We're dancing like we're dumb/bodies goin' numb/we'll be forever young/just like a superstar...DJ Turn it up/I'm so sick of being so serious/ it's making my brain delirious/i'm just talkin' truth/and tellin' you bout the shit we do...Tonight we're goin hard, hard, hard, just like the world is ours, ours, ours, we're tearin it apart cuz u know we superstars, We Are Who We Are!

This song is a lot of fun and makes me smile everytime I hear it. I am a busy girl and work hard. But I like to play hard too. You are only young once and I want to live to the fullest before its time to have a full time job, a family and other responsibilities.

There are other artists or songs that mean a lot to me, and remind me of times in my life. Here is a musical timeline for you:



(1997)*Madonna: During my childhood, Madonna was a huge influence on me. I loved her style from the time that I knew what style was. and I remember "The Immaculate Collection" was the first tape I bought (along with an ugly blue straw hat and glitter nail polish...what else could a trendy 7 year old want?) The songs I still remember obsessing over were "Borderline," "Cherish" and "Lucky Star."

(1999)*Boy Band/Girl Band Explosion: Backstreet Boys (my first concert) Nsync, Hanson (they changed my life) and, um, duh THE SPICE GIRLS. Me and my friends used to write plays and act out that we were with the members from these boy bands, or make home movies about trying to sneak into their concerts. We knew their favorite colors, birthdays, etc. And as for The Spice Girls, i dressed like them everyday during 4th grade. My favorite song is and always will be "Say You'll Be There" I used to try to karate kick like Sporty Spice does in the video...i would jump off and try to do it in the air lol. I still know every word to their songs. There were other minor bands like O-Town, Dreamstreet, 2gether etc. That we REALLY loved. We were teenyboppers to the fullest.

(2005-2007)
My High School Classic Collection:
*Beyonce: B-Day
*Fergie: The Dutchess

*Gwen Stefani: Love Angel Music Baby and The Sweet Escape
*Justin Timberlake: FutureSex Love Sounds
These are my ultimate favorite CDs from high school. These albums from sophomore, junior and senior years I could never get sick of. They will always be classics to me. And anything from the 80s era was me and my best friend Chris's thing. I'm talking...
*Madonna (again)
*Michael and Janet Jackson
*Stacey Q
*Jody Watley
*Debbie Gibson
*Expose

(2008) *The Higher: When I was first starting out my college years this (somewhat) local band really struck me. I was obsessed with their CDs and saw them in concert twice! "Undertaker" and "Play with Fire" were my favorite songs. Seth Trotter was so dreamy...his voice is amazing.

Britney Spears (Blackout and Circus) became my favorite CDs instantly when they were released. I remember going the first day the came out to the store to buy them (which is rare for me) More music I never get tired of. When I saw Britney in 2009 for her "Circus" tour it was my first major concert in 10 years. I loved every minute and inspired me to want to go to concerts every year. It became my rule! At least one every year.



(2009-2010) Lady Gaga: (The Fame/The Fame Monster) and Rihanna (Rated R) This music changed my life. I emulated both of these women. My style, my attitude even my personality changed. Lady Gaga has had such an influence on me that people even call me Gaga at my college and my job! I dressed like her for my 21st birthday costume party, and again for Halloween last year! When I saw Rihanna in concert, I thought she was the coolest girl that literally didn't give a fuck what anyone thinks. She is so strong and has an amazing voice. I love all of her songs, any and all of them.


ALSO, Christina Aguilera (Bionic) and Rihanna (Loud) will always remind me of days in my apartment at La Venita. We listened to this music constantly, this was our soundtrack to the summer/winter months. If i hear a song from any of these I am instantly transported to my days with my two former roommates Justin and Spencer.



(2011) Now we come back full circle to Ke$ha, and my other girl, Katy Perry. Katy Perry's music is also really fun, upbeat and always reminds me of fun times in my life. "E.T" and "Last Friday Night (TGIF)" are the songs of this summer. Last summer "California Gurls" was my favorite too. Summer songs are really important to me for some reason.Lady Gaga's new CD (Born This Way) is fast becoming a part of so many of my memories this summer. There is always one song or another by these girls playing during some random crazy adventure of mine.
Sorry for the long tangent of a post! But it was fun to think about this and look back.
Love Always,
Manda

0 comments: